Most of the people lose 50-100 strands of hair every day. When hair is washed, people can lose up to 250 strands of hair. When you lose more hair from the scalp or from other parts of the body, you will be having hair loss. Alopecia is the medical term for hair loss. The hair grows about half an inch per month. About 90 % of a person’s hair will be in the growth phase at any given time. Another 10 % will be in the dormant stage and after 2-3 months these dormant hairs falls out.
• If you see large amount of hair on your pillow when you wake up in the morning you will be suffering from hair fall.
• If you find more than normal hair left in the comb when you comb your hair, then you will be having hair loss problem.
• When hair loss occurs, men’s hair recedes from the forehead or from the crown of the head.
• Women will experience thinning of hair and the parting becomes wider and sees more of their scalp.
Sudden hair loss indicates underlying medical condition and requires identifying the problem causing the hair loss.
The important causes of hair fall or hair loss includes
• Hereditary conditions
• Medical conditions such as anemia and autoimmune diseases and thyroid disorders
• Scalp infections
• Skin conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis
• Certain hairstyles which causes traction on the hair.
• Hair-pulling disorder
Hair loss can appear in different ways depending on the cause. Some types of hair losses are temporary and some are permanent. It is possible to prevent the temporary loss of hair using various home remedies available.
Effective Home Remedies To Fight Hair Loss
1. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk has rich properties of nourishing hair tissues. It will help in effectively reducing hair loss.
• Scraps fresh coconut and grind the coconut scrapings in a blender.
• Squeeze the paste to extract coconut milk.
• Now apply this coconut milk extract generously on your hair and scalp and leave it on the hair for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Massage your scalp with the coconut milk.
• This will effectively help in preventing hair fall.
• Apply coconut milk on the scalp once every week to prevent hair fall.
2. Honey And Olive Oil
• Add two tablespoons of honey and two tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl.
• Mix it well and to this mixture add a tablespoon of fresh cinnamon powder and make it a smooth paste.
• Apply this mixture on the scalp and your hair and leave it there for 20 to 25 minutes.
• This will help in soothing your hair and is effective in growing new hair.
• Apply this mixture on your scalp regularly every week to see visible results.
3. Egg White And Curd Paste
• Take egg white of two eggs in a bowl and add two tablespoons of fresh curd or yoghurt to the egg white.
• Mix this well and then add a tablespoon of shikakai or neem powder that you get in the market to this mixture.
• Apply it generously on your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes.
• Wash it off and repeat every week to prevent hair fall.
• Heat coconut oil with dried amla until the color of the oil turns black.
• Cool this oil mixture and then apply it on your scalp.
• Massage your scalp with this hair oil mixture properly for 10 minutes.
• Leave it on the scalp for 30 minutes and then wash it off.
• Repeat once a week for effective results.
5. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera juice is said to be very effective in preventing hair loss and is also a good goal to nourish your hair and scalp.
• You can apply pure aloe vera directly on your scalp.
• Just cut the aloe vera leaf in half and apply the juicy portion of the leaf on your scalp.
• This will prevent hair loss due to scalp dryness or irritation.
• Apply the aloe vera juice on your scalp and massage your scalp properly.
• Wait for a few hours and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Do this twice a week or effective results.
6. Oil Massage
• Applying coconut oil on your head everyday will help in preventing hair loss.
• Regular massage of your head with lukewarm hair oil every day for a few minutes before your bath will help in nourishing your scalp and improve blood flow.
• This will prevent hair loss.
• You can also use jojoba oil, neem oil, mustard oil and almond oil.
7. Onion And Honey
• Cut onion in half and apply the juicy part of the cut onion on your scalp evenly so that every area is covered.
• Now follow this by generously applying honey all over the scalp and massaging it into the scalp.
• Leave it there for a few minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Repeat this process once in ten days to prevent hair fall.
8. Avoid Junk Foods
All unhealthy eating habits and unhealthy lifestyle are also reasons for hair loss.
• Try to avoid junk foods and oily foods as far as possible.
• Increase the intake of water in order to remove toxins.
• Include moderate exercise to your routine to improve blood flow to your head and scalp to prevent hair loss.
9. Eating A Balanced Diet
It is highly important to eat a balanced and nutritious diet to prevent hair fall.
• Make sure that you increase the amount of iron, vitamins and minerals intake in your daily diet to help prevent hair fall.
• Lots of greens and vegetables need to be included in your healthy diet to reduce hair loss.
10. Reduce Blow Drying Your Hair
• Blow drying hair will damage hair follicles and dry out the scalp.
• Do not overuse hair dryer as this will result in hair fall.
Are you tired of seeing your hair fall regularly? Do you feel that you are suffering from moderate hair loss? If this is the case, then you will need to try out a few of the above mentioned home remedies to easily prevent hair fall.